Friday, September 23, 2011

Introduction - New Contributor

Hi, I am Anthony. Thanks to 'Poon and Grant for allowing me to share a little bit of what I am up to here in the Pacific Northwest with you good folks.

I am a 10 year resident of Seattle, a transplant from rural NY, a father of two, a husband of one, a supporter of small business, a slave to large business, an urbanite with a country boy's heart, and a guy who likes to fit alot into life. I am an inch deep and a mile wide.

I have owned quite a few motorcycles over the years and I have ridden since I was five years old. With the help of friends and family I have put together, made better, and made worse a handful of vintage bikes, cars and bicycles. In addition to a never-ending '63 Panhead project, I do battle with the masses on a Husqvarna 450 SMR Supermoto bike. It is THEE most fun road going motorcycle I have ever owned.

What else? I occasionally contribute photos and words to a handful of small to mid-sized custom car and cycle magazines, I walk my kids to school nearly every day, and I live by these words:

"Treat me good I'll treat you better. Treat me bad I'll treat you Worse."
-Ralph "Sonny" Barger



Here are a couple of the bikes I've cobbled together over the years. Version one of my '53.



Version two.



And version three. This is the one where I actually figured out how to make a Panhead run well. It now lives in Japan.



My little old pre-Unit. Wonderful neighborhood bike, now living in Southern California.



Four people I count on who count on me, and who I look up to a great deal: my son, my daughter, my wife and my friend Jake. You'll hear more about Jake as time goes on. He is talented, has consumate patience, is my older-wiser-adviser, and is the keeper of many a great project and the very well equipped shop that allows me to play the custom motorcycle game.

May your ears hang low, may they wobble to and fro.

4 comments:

  1. you ruined me. I MUST get a Husky now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to put a dollar in the douche-jar...or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anthony! Good to have you and looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete