Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Here we go...



A few years ago - maybe four now - I picked up a roachy FXR while back in NY visiting family. The plan was to put a handful of good parts on it (cam, carb, ignition, clutch), change a few very small cosmetic things, and ride around on something semi-reliable.

Best laid plans. Lost out of state title, unable to reach prior owner, Triumphs and Panheads, lack of interest, lack of plan, nearly impossible backbone to make a tank look good on (or so I thought)...blah.

At-any-rate, something changed a few weeks ago, I re-gained interest in the bike, put a solid plan together for the finished product, and somehow ended up with a bare frame and a motorcycle worth of parts in my garage. My hope is to have a rolling, stopping, painted and polished machine back together, sans motor and trans., by the end of August. I'll try to post updates here and there along the way.



On an unrelated note, our daffodils and tulips are strong this year. I love me some flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment