Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Film from Mooneyes Japan 2014

Getting film developed is just as exciting as it ever was, maybe even more that it is not "normal" in photography today. I picked up my five rolls of color today, but am still waiting for the black an white to come back. I used to shoot and process tons of black and white film in the 1990's and pretty much lived in the darkroom. I have binders and binders still of all the negatives that need to get scanned, mostly of hardcore bands of the time in all ages shows in Salt Lake. Good times.
Anyway, here are some of my 35mm Fuji 800 ISO shot through my old trusty Olympus OM-2.

One of my favorite places to shoot in Japan digital or film is the sort of alley way or access road behind the Yokohama Pacifica Convention Center as the special guests nervously wait to ride and drive their custom motorcycles and cars into the show with 13,000 people on their tippy toes with much anticipation. This road is generally, in my eyes, perfect lighting for handheld photography. This year with the local noise restrictions kept much of the activity back here pretty calm and stationary, but I am still happy with what I got. everything else is handheld with no flash inside the show. Also, none of this has been altered in photoshop or filters.









2 comments: